Announcing Work on A Madman Diary

Announcement


It's with excitement that I can tell you of a new collaboration I am working on. A meeting this Monday sealed the proposal to create the artwork for a graphic novel called A Madman Diary, working with a great guy called Lucio.

I met Lucio by chance in the Hand of Glory in Hackney, London when he saw me drawing in my sketchbook and came over to say hello, and tell me about the story he'd written. It's a tale set during and shortly after the Cultural Revolution that centres around three main characters in rural China and the legacy of their time together.

Lucio lived in China for 10 years and studied Chinese and Chinese Literature and after speaking with him, I learned so much about that period of history and that part of the world.

What's Next?

So far I've only done some initial test sketches and I am awaiting the script for the first 5 pages, which will be drawn and sent to publishers as a pitch to develop the entire comic.

I'l tease pieces on my blog and update you on progress so keep a look out. Here's the rough test sketch that I did to establish a basic style, which Lucio has signed off. Much much more to come soon.


Comments

Popular Posts